I’m still getting over the sting that the Bears won’t be in the Bowl. I mean, we never got past the Wild Card game. But I digress…Anywho, once again Tom Brady and the Patriots are in the Super Bowl. Yawn. This is the 9th time Tom Brady will appear in the Super Bowl. Perhaps a bit excessive? I know many people aren’t nearly the fans of Tom Brady that people in New England are. Many are not. Many, many are not. I guess this is how the rest of the world felt when Chicago had Michael Jordan and we won 6 NBA championships in 8 years. But Michael isn’t married to Giselle, so maybe this is why MJ is more likeable than TB? Or maybe because Michael Jordan could fly?
This little nugget passed across my desk and it’s one of the moments when I laugh harder and harder the more I read. Tears streaming down my face. My truly favorite thing. I was out to lunch and shared this with someone and they had the exact same reaction. Well, I knew this needed to be shared, so it’s become a blog.
Compliments of The Odyssey Online. Hysterical!
30 Things I’d Rather do than watch the Patriots Win another Super Bowl
…Because no one likes the Patriots except the Patriots
- Get a Brazilian bikini wax
- Be allergic to the sun
- Give up chocolate for the rest of my life
- Get my wisdom teeth pulled… without anesthetic
- Have to speak in front of a class in my underwear
- Put my hand in a deep fryer
- Have a bloody nose every day for the rest of my life
- Use my first ever email address (email@example.com)
- Never be able to text again
- Have to walk to class in the rain every day
- Lose my wallet
- Wait in line at the DMV
- Be stuck in high school forever
- Shave my head
- Go without power for a week
- Fall off a cliff
- Get hit by a car
- Run an ultramarathon
- Never pet another dog
- Walk on legos
- Go on a juice cleanse
- Have my car break down on the interstate
- Bite my tongue over and over
- Get a sunburn on my butt
- Have to speak without using E’s
- Be chased by a clown
- Get braces… again
- Never eat at Taco Bell again
- Drop my phone in the toilet
- Throw myself down a flight of stairs
I mean…be chased by a clown? That says something.
As far as the Super Bowl is concerned, I will be sporting a Bears jersey, because this should be another Patriots v Bears Super Bowl. I urge everyone else, who isn’t rooting for the Patriots, like the rest of the world, to do the same. But, I don’t dislike Tom Brady like so many others. I just wish he’d eat some carbs.