The perfect pre-meal appetizer platter!
1/2 oz simple syrup
1/2 oz unsweetened cranberry juice
1 1/2 oz gin or vodka
2 oz chilled ginger beer
1 rosemary sprig
orange slice, for garnish
sugared cranberries, for garnish
Combine simple syrup, cranberry juice, and gin. Pour over ice and top with ginger beer. Serve garnished with rosemary, orange wedge and sugared cranberries, if desired.
My wine of choice for Thanksgiving.
For those overachievers…of which I am not. Well not in wine-pairing, anyway.
I started a Top 10 list of things that I’m thankful for…then realized, I’m going to reach out to the people today that I’m thankful for. I then realized that not everything I’m thankful for, should be published. In a blog. A blog with closing in on 2 Million views…
My Top 10 List – the “A” list
- I’m thankful for my children and thankful for my family and friends. That goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyway.
- I’m thankful for in-laws and out-laws…Of course they’re family, but I know I’ll get questioned about that.
- I’m thankful for waking up every day and getting to do something I love with people I love in a home that I love (most of the time ;)).
- I’m also thankful for Happy Hours and brunches.
- I’m thankful for having a son who will drive 2 hours just to meet his mom for dinner…
- I’m thankful I get to see all the seasons. While it would be nice to live on the beach, for now, I’m good with snow, Of course, we’ve yet to get any measurable snow this year, but I’m sure that will be coming.
- I’m thankful for my parents and the values they instilled in me, which I’ve tried to instill in my children. And they’re mostly Great values! 😉
- I’m thankful for the people who always take my calls. Always. Also thankful to those who did not make the pictures in the blog and who won’t hold it against me!
- I’m thankful for my memory…It can be a blessing and a curse, but it’s mostly a blessing. And those who have been there along the way!
- I’m thankful for my health and the realization that if you don’t care of your body, it can’t take care of you. Of course, I should have learned this earlier, but beggars can’t be choosers. 🙂
And then I realized that there is not a Top 10 list of things that I’m thankful for…because I wake up thankful every day. There are literally hundreds of things I’m thankful for. Possibly thousands of things. So I decided I needed a “B” list.
My Top 10 List – the “B” list
- A sense of humor that has gotten me through some tough times and has made days much brighter and much funnier.
- A very naughty puppy whom I cannot imagine our life without.
- My love of chardonnay and dirty martinis which makes my sense of humor so much better!
- The Chicago Cubs winning the world series…and that’s gonna be something on my list for a very long time.
- My dimples…as I’ve been told, numerous times that I’ve gotten pretty far in life because of them. And here I thought it was because of my sense of humor.
- Shows that I binge-watch, because I can literally lose hours in my life…and I’m okay with that.
- My favorite tree, which has just recently lost its leaves…I get to look at this tree every day when I look out my bathroom window.
- My ability to let things go…or not, depending on my mood and the infraction.
- The wisdom to know who and what is not worth my time and to gratefully move forward.
- The realization that it is not all about me…and that’s good by me!
And I’m thankful that I am basically “on vacation” for 10 days! Hip, hip, hooray!
I’m thankful to have a blog that people read and that I’m getting paid for. Getting paid is good. 🙂 While I’m officially on vacation, there will be a blog, or two, next week.
Live life in the front row!