I cannot believe we are in the last month of summer. And yes, I’m aware that summer “officially” ends in September (typically around my birthday as a matter of fact), but with kids already heading back to college, I see summer flashing before my eyes. It makes me very, very sad, as I know that Patrick, Mary and their friends and are in the process of moving back to school. And some very special young adults are heading to college for the first time. Sniff, sniff! It’s been a great summer and I still have 2 fun trips planned (FL and SoCal) but I know when those are in the bag, at least in my eyes (and in my house) summer is almost over.
Thank you Town and Country Magazine for putting the spring…I mean, summer in my step with introducing these summer quotes.
Best Summer Quotes
1. “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.”- F.Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
2. “Summer bachelors like summer breezes, are never as cool as they pretend to be.” – Nora Ephron
3. “Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.” – Sam Keen
4. “The summer night is like a perfection of thought.” -Wallace Stevens
5. “Do what we can, summer will have its flies.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” -Henry James
7. ” If it could only be like this always – always summer, always alone, the fruit always ripe…” -Evelyn Waugh
8. ” Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time.” -John Lubbock
9. “Summertime is always the best of what might be.” -Charles Bowden
10. “I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.” – L.M. Montgomery
Tonight is the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics. What’s the most ridiculous thing about the 2016 Summer Olympics, is they should be in Chicago! Not Rio! #EpicFail!
My all-time favorite olympic moment. I’ve posted this before and I will post it again. #DressedToAT. #TeamTerry
Here is a video of Derek Redmond, running the 400M in the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona. I remember watching this “live” when it happened and knowing that I would remember this for the rest of my life. Or 14 years later.
Happy Birthday Nancy! Happy Birthday Matthew! Happy Graduation party Christopher!
Enjoy your summer. Enjoy every day. Have a great weekend!
I would. I really, really would.
So very wrong.