Found this little gem on Encurious.com. We can learn quite a bit from children’s books. Great summer reading!
It’s interesting how some of life’s greatest lessons can be found in children’s literature. And chances are that we did not realize this back when we were kids. Sometimes it’s only when we’re older that we learn to fully appreciate and understand the poignant words from our childhood entertainment.
Here’s some of the best quotes from books we used to read.
1. A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
Braver, smarter and stronger.
2. Dr Seuss, Horton Hears a Who
3. Aesop, The Lion and the Mouse
Be kind. Always be kind. Even when they don’t deserve it.
4. A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
5. Roald Dahl, The Twits
And you will always look Lovely!
6. Dr. Seuss, Oh the Places You’ll Go
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
7. Shel Silverstein, A Light in the Attic
8. Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince
Only with the heart.
9. L. Frank Braum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
There’s no place like home.
10. A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
11. E.B. White, Charlotte’s Web
At this point in my life I know who my friends are.
12. J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
13. J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
14. Shel Silverstein
Anything can be.
15. Roald Dahl, The Minpins
16. Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
17. P.L. Travers, Mary Poppins
You find the fun.
18. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
19. Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
A totally different person.
20. A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
Share the wisdom with your friends, everyone loves a good quote.
Song of the Day: Only Time will Tell, by Asia
One thing is sure
That time will tell
(Only time will tell)
If you were wrong
The brightest ring around the moon
Will darken when I die
One of my new obsessions is Apple Music. For $9.95 per month, you get unlimited music. Unlimited. Three-month free trial. I highly urge you to check this out!
Not a great quality picture, but still a great dinner with Mer Mer and Paddy, celebrating Father’s Day and toasting all the wonderful father’s out there.
Tomorrow will be a Fabulous Friday, as there will be another blog. Today is the Best. Thursday. Ever!