Great style means not trying too hard. In other words…Effortless… and in my extremely busy and hectic week (all good), I realized that the problems I was experiencing on this blog, were not going to fix themselves, so today’s blog will be a brief one, so I can work on righting the wrong that has occurred in my hopper of almost 200 posts.
This little saying, Great style means “not trying too hard”, did come across my desk this week. Totally resonated with me, because when you have to try to hard to put together an outfit… you are trying too hard. Great style, like my lovely daughter, should be (or at least appear), Effortless. 🙂
“Effortless”… but she pretty much looks like this all the time. Every darn day. Try living with this. 🙂 My sweet Meredith.
Style is forever.
You lost me at your poor use of grammar.
I will take great style over trendy fashion any day. I shall put that on a cocktail napkin, which seems to be the only way I can remember things lately.
Song of the Day: Can’t Stop the Feeling, by Justin Timberlake. Because, it is the “song of the summer” and this weekend it certainly is going to feel like summer!
How can you not love a song that talks about sunshine in your pocket? You can’t not love this song!
I got that sunshine in my pocket
Got that good soul in my feet
I feel that hot blood in my body when it drops, ooh
I can’t take my eyes up off it, moving so phenomenally
Room on lock the way we rock it, so don’t stop
I had an absolutely wonderful reunion with some people who I started with in the hotel business. A couple of them I hadn’t seen since 1990, after I left the hotel to get married. They were all at the wedding. One was even an usher. The only downfall is we didn’t take a group picture. However, there was laughter, tears, reminiscing, jotting down names of people to google, a few libations (for most of us)…Truly doesn’t get better than that. Except these few highlights.
- I know my friend Karrie always called me “Skippy”. She did because Kevin used to call me that, because I was happy-go-lucky and he’d say I’d “skip” around the office. There are worst things to be called, stop the eye-rolling. Anyway, much to my surprise (HORROR), I realized that in our little group, they All referred to me as that. Behind my back. 26 years later. Skippy.
- Nothing makes a woman happier than people saying, “You look the same as you did in 1990…and you haven’t aged a bit”. Best. Night. Ever.
- Imagine my delight when my friend Marc tells me I was always his “favorite”. 🙂
- Imagine my greater delight when my friend Karrie says, “you left and that’s the last time that hotel ever had any corporate business”. #Zing
- When Debbie explains my dry sense of humor…and when I said, “she should have used conditioner” (in what context I shall not explain, but yes will tell you Megan and Tracy), I was just kidding! For 26 years Rosa didn’t realize it was a joke. She now understands I am super, super funny! 🙂
- The piece de resistance…Maybe…just maybe, Rose is now #TeamTerry
Life is truly coming full circle, when my Effortless and Stylish daughter, takes me out and treats me to a manicure. Best. Daughter. Ever.
Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe – 2010.
Have a fabulous weekend!
Check out my new venture: www.indiahicks.com/rep/terry
2016 is the year of me!
Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery.