The end of summer… where did summer go? I had a great summer, but it went by way too fast. Goodbye racetrack. Goodbye beach. Goodbye bonfires. Goodbye S’mores. Goodbye Grad parties. Goodbye McDonald’s ice cream cones. Goodbye vacations. Goodbye flip-flops. Goodbye floating on a noodle in a pool. Goodbye boating. Goodbye beach-y hair. Goodbye sun-streaked locks. Goodbye summer days. Goodbye summer nights. Where did my suntan go? Oh yeah, never had one! Let’s look on the bright side…less wrinkles! But let’s face it, it’s not like I did nearly the number of things I love to do in the summer. But I still have some of the best memories I will ever have, filed away in my memory (best long-term memory, ever. Worst short-term memory, ever) so Summer 2015 is in the books, but one I can certainly re-read with fond memories. 🙂
Good news is we have Fall looming upon us, just days away. And Football season is underway. Speaking of Football, My Bears hung in there with the Packers, so that gives me hope for the rest of the season. We finally had a coach with Enthusiasm, with a capital E! Welcome to Chicago, John Fox!
Back to Fall. My favorite season for clothes. Boots, sweaters, leggings, scarves, layers. There must be an upcoming blog about Fall Fashion Trends. Yes, there is! But not this one. There is more to Fall than football and fun fashions.
Loved this “Ultimate Fall To-Do List”… I especially love when something is called The Ultimate… What really is the Ultimate? Well, according to Pow Wow, this is their Ultimate Fall To-Do List! And I am one who really Loves Fall!
The Ultimate Fall To-Do List
by Pow Wow
Activities for people who really hate fall but pretend to love fall, but oh whatever let’s all drink cider
Ahh, fall. The leaves are changing, the temps are dropping and the #PSL is back, baby. We don’t want you to miss out on any autumnal fun, dear reader, so we compiled this handy list of every single thing you absolutely must do this season.
1. Go apple picking
2. Get frustrated when you can’t find any pretty apples
3. Decide to plant your own apple tree
4. Change your mind about the tree thing
5. Rake leaves
6. Jump in a pile of leaves
7. Re-rake the leaves
8. Drink a pumpkin-spice latte
9. Wear a cable-knit sweater
10. Wear boots
11. Wear flannel
12. Wear an infinity scarf
13. Complain about how cold it is
14. Talk about how fall is your favorite season
15. Pretend to care about football to bond with that cute guy in the office
16. Find out he has a girlfriend; regret buying a jersey
17. Carve a pumpkin
18. Enter a pumpkin-carving contest
19. Smash your competitors’ pumpkins when it’s announced that you didn’t win
20. Artfully assemble gourds in a wicker basket
21. Wonder why gourds are so creepy looking
22. Go to a corn maze
23. Get lost in a corn maze
24. Have a panic attack in a corn maze when it’s been 25 minutes and you really feel like you’ve been walking in circles and what if you die here and oh god why did I think this was a good idea I really hate fall.
25. Bake a pie
26. Instagram a photo of your pie with the hashtag #luvfall
27. Eat the entire pie yourself and immediately feel bad about it
28. Burn your tongue on hot apple cider
29. Buy candy for trick-or-treaters
30. Decide that kids these days are brats and keep the candy for yourself, instead giving out the apples that you picked and have deemed too ugly for your own consumption
31. Make candy apples with the pretty apples
32. Schedule a dentist appointment
33. Get into a heated argument with a random passerby about canned versus homemade cranberry sauce
35. Decide knitting’s not for you
36. Think of a *really* clever group Halloween costume
37. Get *really* mad at the other group of girls at the party you’re at are wearing the exact same costume, but a little better executed.
38. Say you’re going to start Christmas shopping but then forget
Song of the Day: 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
We don’t even care as restless as we are
We feel the pull in the land of a thousand guilts
And poured cement, lamented and assured
To the lights and towns below
Oh yeah, not only is My birthday coming up, but so is my sweet Meredith’s! Happy Birthday to us!!
Best quote of the week…given to me as part of a gift from the Realtor to the Stars, Kathy P:
My Mother said I could be anything I want. I choose FABULOUS!
Have a great weekend. Peace out! Go Bears!