My niece, Kaitlin, posted this on Facebook…and it’s really funny. Now, since I am a very funny person (so I’ve been told, but I also kinda know it), and funny knows funny, when I find something that really makes me LOL, Howl, Snort, Giggle and think of all the people I want to share this with, I immediately think…Now that’s a blog. You know, to get it “out to the masses”…or my 1000+ daily views. Of course this doesn’t mean that all 1000+ daily views will see this, but it will be seen by the 20 or so people who loyally read my blog. And that makes me happy. We always need happy.
This also makes me happy. 13 Amazing Food Hacks.
I know what you’re thinking- how could there possibly be any food hacks that I do not yet know? But read on and I think you will find that these are some you have never seen before. You will be amazed at how these simple food hacks can make your life easier and better!
1. Keep cake moist by just eating the entire thing in one sitting.
2. How to determine if an egg is fresh: do you remember buying the eggs? If you don’t, they probably aren’t fresh.
3. For perfectly cooked burgers every time, go to a restaurant.
4. Can’t fold a fitted sheet? Don’t worry, nobody can. Unless you are a wizard or something.
5. To store asparagus for up to 2 weeks, first I would suggest you consider how much you actually like asparagus and why you bought so much asparagus 2 weeks before you planned on eating it.
6. An excellent snack dispenser is the bag the snack came in. No need to put it in a different container, and certainly not an old creamer bottle. What are you, crazy?
7. How to tell if your avocado is ripe: squeeze it, then cut it open and see if it is ripe.
8. If you’re at a bar and need to leave your seat for a moment, always put a coaster over your drink. Having to lift up a coaster will definitely, without a doubt deter anyone who was planning to slip a roofie in your drink.
9. To avoid messy hands while eating a popsicle, use a napkin.
10. No time to boil water? You must be incredibly busy if you don’t have time for that. I think you might be overextending yourself. Take a look at your schedule and see if there are some things you could re-prioritize. You may be headed for a burn-out.
11. To make perfect potato wedges, use a knife to cut a potato into perfect wedges.
12. Trouble using chopsticks? Try a fork.
13. If you were thinking of turning an old plastic pants hanger into a chip clip or cookbook holder, you might be a hillbilly.