I was looking square into Friday, and really didn’t have a specific blog penned that tickled my fancy, and was headed to a girl’s night out with Mer Mer to the Bears game, so time was of the essence…And I pondered, what in the world should I blog about… and just like that…this appeared on Twitter. #karma. I love this and would have blogged it even if I wasn’t in a time crunch. And yes, I still have to blog about a summer of lobster rolls, the Ice Bucket Challenge raising awareness for ALS and upcoming Fall fashions (eek), but I’m liking this blog for today. Enjoy!
50 Ways to Transform your life for the better…as if I’d ever post something about transforming your life for the worse?! However, that could be fun, and I could site some stellar examples. #beafraid #beveryafraid #power
A few comments by me are in italics. Because I cannot help myself.
- Everything isn’t always as complicated and messy as we have come to believe. Sometimes, life is simply about happiness and the small ways we choose to engage in the beauty of being alive. Choose Happiness.
- Cling to your moral compass. Believe in the values that compose who you are and never allow others the power to strip that from you.
- Make pancakes whenever possible. Except on Christmas morning, because Patrick doesn’t handle this well… Boys!
- Go follow @pugsofinstagram and laugh a little at those goofy freaking dogs. Murph doing Happy Girl!
- More importantly, don’t hold back your laughter in life. Smile at the silly antidotes that make life amusing. Laugh loud and genuinely. Give those bursts of joy all you have because you only have so many.
- Don’t forget your hobbies, they will save your soul one day. Try to set aside a little time for the little things you love.
- Have an open mind. Let the walls of your brain be temporary and kind to the existence of new ideas.
- Play. Play with your friends. Play with your pets. Play with your family. Play.
- Retain a hunger for knowledge. Let life teach you and understand at the core of your being that there will never be a day that you don’t need to continue to learn.
- Exercise forgiveness. Let your heart release the evil that weighs it down.
- When with your significant other, take a second to really look at them. Follow the curves of their body and study the pigment of their eyes. Watch the way they light up with a smile. Melt a little when you see them. Appreciate the beauty of those you love and let it captivate you.
- In addition to actually seeing the people you love, touch them. Give strong hugs. Lay on a long kiss that makes you ease into it with your whole body and forget everything else. Feel and physically exist with others.
- Blast a song in your car like you did when you first landed your driver’s license and the stereo was essentially the best part. Let the music consume you and vibrate life through you.
- Go outside.
- Seriously, if there aren’t any hazardous weather conditions outside, get out there as soon as you can. You can take five minutes from the day to just breathe in the air and let the sunshine warm your face.
- Don’t be afraid to fall in love.
- Love who you are while still constantly working towards self betterment. Know that you’ll always have room to grow.
- Share your funniest stories.
- Explore. The world is filled with unimaginable beauty if you take the chance to discover it. Traveling can be expensive, but you would be surprised by how many amazing places you can uncover in only a short distance from your home.
- Give yourself “me time” whenever life gets too overwhelming.
- Be completely enthralled by the people you are with. Put away the phone and emails while you are trying to have a conversation with someone. Half-hearted interactions are disguised failures.
- Be humble.
- Be imaginative.
- Be brave.
- Search for the positivity in your life and share it with others.
- Exercise your body as you do your brain. Train it to be healthy and strong in a way that supports you and all of your dreams.
- Look at the stars.
- Give real meaning to the phrase “put yourself in someone else’s shoes” and actually try to understand the perspective of others. It is so easy to judge or be angry with others without taking into consideration why they behave or feel the way they do.
- Recognize that no man or woman carries the same burden as any other, and that is a beautiful obstacle we all must work to overcome and learn from each day.
- Express yourself freely. One word. Blog. 😉
- Take road trips.
- Dance. I dance every day!
- Let yourself be vulnerable and share your deepest thoughts. This is why I blog.
- Show yourself to the people around you and allow them love you for all that you truly are. What’s not to love? 🙂
- Indulge in a few Netflix marathons when you are feeling down.
- Let yourself have a good cry if you need one. The above movie will allow you to do just this.
- Be healthy while still understanding that it is still OK to go for the extra cookie every once in awhile.
- Cookies won’t kill you, I swear. I’m a firm believer that they may actually be saviors in some ways.
- Try to do the things that scare you. This would have to do with rodents.
- Take photos.
- Play games. Anything from shooting hoops in the drive way to a deadly game of Go-Fish can do wonders for your overall happiness. May I suggest a game of Apples to Apples?
- Learn to love the beauty of the mini-conversation with the office janitor or check-out lady at the grocery. Too often we walk through our days ignoring the little opportunities we have to influence others. Consider this Done!
- Spend more time with animals. Cuddle with your kitty. Throw the ball with your dog and laugh at all the funny ways he tries to grab it from the air. Love them for their innocent companionship and let them love you.
- Keep a list of goals and work towards them.
- Stop passing judgements. The condemnation of others will never make you better and won’t ultimately make you feel better either.
- Take a few cat naps.
- Create. Use your imagination and talent to create anything from a superb batch of brownies to a DIY Pinterest creation for your new apartment.
- Laugh at yourself. I do this every day.
- Engage in the activities that cause you to be sincerely proud of yourself. These are the moments where you can feel in the pit of your stomach that you are doing something solely because it makes you feel accomplished, happy and meaningful. Keep feeling that way and working towards those moments.
- Make a difference. Make a difference with your work, with your smile, with your bare hands, or with your heart. You are alive; live each day understanding what an incredible opportunity that is. You are an opportunity for greatness, so seize it.
Song of the Day: Follow You Follow Me, by Genesis (another one of Kevin’s favs)
Great time at the Bears game last night (Yes, Steph, I was at the game 😉 )… and as I posted on FB, “Weekend at Bernie’s meets Clueless (all grown up)”. yes, this man is passed out…and yes, the Preppsters above him were truly the “beautiful people” in our section. The handsome man was wearing a very light cream suit…to a Bears game. I felt like I was in When Harry Met Sally, because the entire stadium did the Wave. 9 times. Yes, 9 times. #excitinggame My favorite part of the game, (other than the win and the wave) was befriending the couple next to me…who for 3 quarters did not make a sound, say a word, cheer or crack a smile… I showed them the above “selfie”, and we became fast friends. They rooted, they cheered and they laughed throughout the entire 4th quarter! #makingfriendsinfluencingpeople
Girls night out! And, we got a W! Even if it doesn’t count in pre-season, it’s still a win! Note how we are not wearing Bear’s jerseys, but sporting Bears colors. #options. This picture is approved by Mer Mer…which is easier said than done. 🙂
Size does Matter…in regards to the size of purses allowed in NFL stadiums. Two weeks in a row, we have seen hundreds of women (yes, mostly women, and not men carrying the man-purse), being turned away from Soldier’s Field, because of the size of their purses. Hundreds. Maybe even a thousand gals. My goodness…do these people not watch the news, or read my blog? Ladies…you are not allowed to bring a purse into an NFL game, that is bigger than “the size of your hand”. This would be a small clutch purse. You can put all your belongings in the “stylish” Plastic tote sold by the NFL, (or mine given to me by D) and put your small clutch inside, along with your jacket, hairbrush, camera and allowed snacks…but no beverages or water bottles. Or just bring a small clutch purse. Of course, you could put mace or a knife in a small clutch purse, and probably a few small bottles of vodka, similar to those you get on an airline, but as long as they are in this small clutch purse, you are good to go. Super policy, Mr. Goodell. Go Bears!
Here is my bag, packed for the game, with my white denim jacket, wristlet and sunglasses. #savvypacker
Last weekend of summer before school starts and I go to DC to see some of my very favorite peeps. #shenanigans. Gonna make this the best weekend ever!
Happy Friday…now be a love and pass the wine. 🙂