I love Holiday songs…and listen to them from the day After Thanksgiving, till the Epiphany on January 6th, when the rest of the holiday decorations must come down. I have found various playlists, sure to please any discriminating palette. As we know mine, can go any way, and according to my kids (or more so Patrick), they’re not always crowd pleasing! Oh well, to each his own. 🙂
“The Best” Holiday Playlist
Decorating for the Holidays
Our family tree this year, below…
Hoppin’ Holiday Workout Playlist
Holiday Runners Playlist
Holiday Music Essentials
Megan’s Favorites…my sister who loves Christmas and the Holidays more than anyone else I know! Plus, she has more than 300 Christmas songs on her iPhone!
Nat King Cole- The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting…)
Bing Crosby- White Christmas
Judy Garland- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Mariah Carey- All I want For Christmas is You
Harry Connick Jr. – When My Heart Finds Christmas
Ella Fitzgerald – What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?
Louis Armstrong- Winter Wonderland
Josh Groban- Oh Holy Night (Of course, Luciano Pavarotti’s version will bring you to tears, and Kelly Clarkson does a pretty good one, too)
Johnny Mathis- Sleigh Ride
Dean Martin- Baby, It’s Cold Outside (the version from the movie Elf, with Zoey Deschanel is also cute)
Bing Crosby/David Bowie- Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy (have you heard this? It’d a duet; nice version of the song)
Some classics that I also like:
Elvis Presley- Blue Christmas
Jackson 5 – Up On The Housetop and Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Burl Ives- Holly Jolly Christmas
Brenda Lee- Jingle Bell Rock or Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree
MY TOP 10 FAVORITES – which started out as a Top 5, but I was on #7, so figured, go Big or Go Home… so, Top 10! And I’ve included the YouTube links to each, for easy listening. 🙂
1. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Judy Garland – and my friend Phyllis’ fav as well.
2. God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman…by Mannheim Steamroller – love, love, love this!
3. All I want for Christmas is You …Mariah Carey
4. Auld Lang Syne – Dan Fogelberg
5. Do They Know It’s Christmas – by Band Aid – Have loved this since the first time I heard as
6. My Grownup Christmas List – by Kelly Clarkson
7. I’ll be home for Christmas – Michael Buble – another tear jerker…This is for Kevin!
8. White Christmas – Bing Crosby…as as Kevin always comments, everytime I make the family watch this movie…”America’s Favorite Dad”… tongue in cheek, obviously.
9. O Holy Night – Josh Groban – I agree with Megan…this brings me to tears.
10. And I think to myself…what a wonderful world. Not really a Holiday song…but it was the theme of the O’Brien holiday card.
Christmas with Conniff – the Ray Conniff singers – and this is the Entire Album…which my family listened to every Christmas growing up!
And my Least favorite holiday song:
Dominick the Italian Christmas Donkey… and I will not provide a youtube link to this…Each time it comes on, I always say, “My least favorite holiday song, ever”!