If there was any question whether or not today is Cyber Monday…I’m sure the additional 90+ emails that hit your inbox over the wee hours of the morning, have answered that question. Yowza! I am not a Black Friday fan, because I do Not like crowds (as evidenced at the Kris Kringle Market downtown Chicago with the kids Saturday night…ugh), but do love Cyber Monday…even though I already partook on Cyber Friday and hammered out much of my Christmas list! Cyber Monday happens to be the shopping/marketing term for the Monday after Thanksgiving. I think it was coined in the days when people didn’t have computers at home, and shopped when they went back to work after the long Thanksgiving holiday. Work productivity at it’s best! 🙂
I found these Cyber Monday shopping tips on Hip2Save, and thought they would be good to share:
1) First and foremost, download the FREE Hip2Save App, sign up for Hip2Save Hot Text alerts, follow Hip2Save on Facebook and plan to follow Hip2Save.com regularly throughout the day on Cyber Monday. I will be up super early posting all the best deals so be sure to refresh the site often.
2) If you are planning to shop a specific site on Cyber Monday, sign up for the newsletter and/or consider following the company on Facebook, Twitter and/or Pinterest. Often times, newsletter subscribers and Facebook fans snag exclusive coupon codes or are notified in advance of hot deals.
3) To save time when checking out, create an account with your favorite companies in advance so that your shipping/billing address is already in their system.
4) If you are worried about checking out online with your credit card, consider purchasing a prepaid card to use specifically on Cyber Monday. Many sites also offer the option to check out with Paypal.
5) Since the cost of shipping can often times “kill” a great deal, look for FREE Shipping offers and/or FREE Store Pick-up offers. You may also want to consider signing up for a program like ShopRunner which offers up FREE two-day shipping and free returns across a growing network of nearly 80 retailers including Toys R Us, FAO Schwartz, and Claire’s (in fact, all American Express cardholders can head on over here to score a FREE ShopRunner membership; check out this post for more information).
6) If you are purchasing an item for a friend/family member, consider having the item shipped directly to the gift recipient (this will save you from having to incur additional shipping costs once you receive the item).
7) Look for shipping guarantees. If you are purchasing items for Christmas, take some time to read the shipping policy to ensure your items do indeed arrive in time for Christmas.
8) Search for coupon codes before you buy! Before you hit the purchase button, take some time to search for coupon codes on sites like RetailMeNot.com. Also, consider joining a cash back site like ShopAtHome.com or Ebates.com to earn cash back on online purchases.
9) Read the return/exchange policies for each retailer. Some retailers will not refund/exchange items purchased on Cyber Monday so be sure to keep this in mind.
So, just where can you find the best Cyber Monday deals? International Business Times has a list of the best picks from Walmart, Amazon, Target and Macy’s including:
Amazon: “Lightning deals” every 10 minutes throughout the day, 30 percent off shoes over $100 and big discounts on big screen TVs, including 40 percent off Panasonic 1080p 240Hz Smart 3D LED HDTVs, 47-inch and 55-inch, that comes with four pairs of 3D polarized glasses.
Walmart: PS4 bundles at $517 and XBox One bundles at $559. Free shipping starting at orders of $35 all week, as opposed to $50 regular.
Target: Buy one get one 60 percent off on apparel, accessories, jewelery and shoes, and a discount on Home items, like the Dyson DC-41 Animal vacuum for $399.99.
Macy’s: Up to 60 percent off select winter apparel, and free shipping on orders of $75 or more with the code CYBER.
Song of the Day – Christmas Canon by Trans-Siberian Orchestra – this song brings me calm…and we all need a bit of calm at the start of the Holiday Season! 🙂
Happy Holidays and Happy Shopping!