Mother’s Day is this Sunday… ” a celebration honoring mothers and motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society”. Each and every day, I say thanks that I’m blessed to be a Mom to Meredith and Patrick (and Murphy)…and there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t miss my Mom. If you are lucky enough to still have your own mother around, tell her you love her and should you want to give her a token of thanks, I’ve listed some ideas if you haven’t yet had a chance to get her a gift of appreciation…for being the very best mom ever. Remember, your Mom is always the best Mom ever!! 🙂
Here are some ideas, that I have for Mother’s Day…and then I will present ideas from other sources.
1. Card – home-made, store-bought…best not to send a someecard! The kids each wrote me a letter they put in my Christmas stocking telling me why they love me. I always have those letters with me…and will till the day I die (hopefully down the road, a bit).
2. Plant flower pots – Meredith and Patrick did this for me last year, and I loved it…am hoping they do it again this year. 🙂
3. Breakfast in Bed – I mean, who doesn’t like this? 🙂
4. Take your Mom to brunch, lunch or dinner – while breakfast in bed is great, it’s also great to be treated to a meal out, so your dear mother doesn’t have to cook…unless she likes to. This sweet mother, does not necessarily enjoy cooking. But I’d also love a BBQ, if that was offered.
5. Pick her favorite movie and watch it with her – My kids will be watching Brian’s Song with me…and my new favorite, Silver Linings Playbook…and perhaps with a little bit of the bubbly? The double feature will be You’ve Got Mail.
7. Why don’t you read her a book she always read you? – why not get your Mom sobbing by reading her, I Love you Forever? 🙂
What is a Mom’s Work Worth?
Last Minute Gift Ideas…thanks to Fox News
1. Celebrity Cookbooks – or just a cookbook you think she’ll love…or something really strange, like this one, to provide many laughs!
2. Coats – a lovely new spring jacket!
3. Diamonds – and not of the baseball variety, either…Places like Kohl’s and JC Penney have great diamond options without you feeling like you bought the Hope Diamond
4. “Beautyful”Gifts – cologne; bath products; make-up.
5. Purses, Handbags, Pocketbooks! – you cannot go wrong with a new purse!
6. Tech Accessories – a iPhone or iPad cover. Or perhaps an extra charger or battery?
7. Bags, aka, Baby totes – something sensational to tote all of baby’s things
8. Clothing – Always a mom pleaser..even better when it’s Etcetera! And Joy Cmiel, you will Rock this skirt!!
9. A Feel Good Gift…Tom’s shoes; Slippers (I love Tory Burch slippers); robe, basically anything cozy!
10. Necklace, bracelet, etc…
Facts about Mother’s Day
Why is Mom on Facebook?
Mother Knows Best!!
Other Gift Ideas
Love and miss you, Mom.
Meredith, Patrick and I are off to celebrate Mother’s Day early (thank you Kevin) tonight to cheer on the Bulls…and Congrats to our Blackhawks!
Happy Mother’s Day! 🙂