Raindrops on Roses; Whiskers on Kittens; Bright Copper Kettles…and yes, Finally, Warm Woolen Mittens. I present to you the 4th (hopefully Not final) Edition of My Favorite Things! More items that I love, and want to share with you.
1. Groupon!…a deal-of-the-day website that features discounted gift certificates usable at local or national companies. I have purchased Groupons for Pinstripes; Whole Foods; Massages; Facials; Restaurants; Car washes, as well as for headphones, iPod speakers; Hotel-quality sheets; movie passes, watches, and much, much more. I received an $80 wine.com voucher for $40. A $30 restaurant certificate for $15 (no terms and conditions and no minimum spend). I bought a $450 watch for $69 and the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy, hardbound, for $29 as well as an instructional yoga mate for $12. That’s just a small sampling of some of my purchases. One word to the wise, don’t buy it if you don’t love it or need it, otherwise it turns into an obsession and you’ll end up buying things your really don’t need. Don’t ask how I know this. Groupon goods is actual merchandise that you purchase; and Groupon is for services or a restaurant that you redeem after you purchase the Groupon. It’s my understanding the consumer is the biggest winner here, since the retailer or merchant are really giving very deep discounts and if they don’t receive return customers, it’s not always worth their while. If you get a groupon, and have a great experience, revisit that merchant again. Another great site to check for great deals is http://www.hip2save.com. This posts a listing of all the “hot” deals available. I’m rather obsessed with that site as well.
2. Curly Girl Designs – I have snazzy iPhone cover skins and an equally snappy iPad skin. I am always asked about them and figure this is the best way to help spread the word. They have the cutest cocktail napkins and cards as well. I love their cute sayings, and here is a small sampling with the first being my life mantra:
Check them out: www.curlygirldesign.com
3. St. Ives Collagen Elastin Moisturizer – This fabulous little moisturizer, which I heard about from Dr. Oz, costs about $6 for a Huge Tub…and this is truly one of the best facial creams I have ever used. And again, it’s $6!
4. Tiffany Sunglasses – I guess this is what you get the girl who has everything (or your wife who has everything)…Kevin hit the jackpot giving me these sunglasses, which come with a Fabulous Tiffany-blue hard case, and smaller Tiffany-blue draw string bag. And, again, he did not break the bank with these. While they are much more pricey than others I own, I don’t wear them everyday, and make sure I put them in their glass case when I throw them in my purse or on the car seat. $345
This is the fabulous case they come with…and a smaller draw-string bag as well.
5. Sequin Clutch – I carry this All the time. Not just for evening. It gives my outfit a bit of a pop…and it holds a ton of things! I also throw it in my laptop bag, so I have a purse in a bag! I have the Black, but I also adore this Gold one. It basically goes with me everywhere except a Bears game! I found mine for $100 at Ann Taylor.
6. The Someecards desk calendar! I was just given this for 2012…I cannot Wait to read what they have to say daily!
7. EOS Lip Balm – I keep this in my car and balm my lips all day long while driving! It’s less than $4, and cute and round and comes in a variety of colors and flavors. Costco has a “gift pack” for $12 that is complete with 2 balms and hand cream. Would make a great stocking stuffer.
8. Kirkland Brand Sonoma County Chardonnay – I like, make that love, chardonnay. Because my friends Linda and Tom had the world’s best stocked wine cellar, they introduced me to wines such as Cakebread, Far Niente and Freemark Abby. I became used to the better wines. Imagine my delight when I tried the Kirkland brand chardonnay and it rivals Simi Reserve. I am not exaggerating. And, the price is $6.99 vs $23.99. I love it, and highly recommend it! You can only get it at Costco.
9. Tory Burch Silver Cuff – the kids gave me this for Christmas last year. I think it’s a Show Stopper. You can dress it up or down, and its timeless, and will never go out of style.
10. Suave Professionals invigorating Mint Shampoo and Conditioner: These are less than $2.50 a piece, and there are Always coupons for these…I’ve always been a huge fan of Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner, just didn’t like the $18 per price tag. I have gotten a shampoo and conditioner, After coupons for $1 a piece…and this shampoo and conditioner Rocks!
11. Fekkai 3-minute hair mask – This does Miracles for your hair…at least it did for mine. It’s typically $34 at Nordstrom or Target, but I found it for $14.99 at TJ Maxx.
12.Famous Dave’s Signature Spicy Pickles – these are the Best! I like the spears and “chip” version…and while I’m not a fan of relish (as I request “hold the relish” when ordering hotdogs ,the 2x/year I cave and get one), I do enjoy the spicy relish as well! You can find them at Target and Costco! You will thank me for introducing you to these spicy gems!
13. Lily Pulitzer Large Agenda – As much as I”m addicted to my iPhone, iPad and Laptop…I still need a planner with real paper. This Agenda has monthly and weekly calendar views; daily view; interior pockets (where I keep cards from my parents); and area for Notes; Dates to celebrate…and even has cute stickers! I plan on using this planner indefinitely (of course while getting a new one yearly).
Here are some of my favorite Blogs
One of my all-time favorite Sporting moments…Derek Redmond, the runner in the 1992 Barcelona olympics, who tore his hamstring, and finished the race, with the help of his father.
My top 5 Favorite Movies
1. Brian’s Song
3. Heaven Can Wait
4. Terms of Endearment
5. Sound of Music; Sleepless in Seattle; You’ve Got Mail – these are all tied at 5. In other words, I couldn’t narrow it down. 🙂
My Top 5 TV Shows – currently on TV
1. Modern Family – hands down, Best Show on TV
2. Mad Men – not for youngins’, as it’s rather raunchy, but it’s very addictive, and I wish it was on more.
3. Nashville – my new favorite.
4. Bachelor/Bachelorette – it’s a guilty pleasure, and yes, I’m also judging myself…and Sean from the Bachelorette will be the new Bachelor, so I’m teeing up to watch that come January!!
5. Football. Football. Football. Go Bears!
My Top 5 TV Shows – recommended to rent
I have gone through hundreds and hundreds of hours on the elliptical watching these.
2. Arrested Development
3. Nip Tuck
4. Royal Pains
5. Lipstick Jungle; Swingtown (only 7 episodes and I still miss it); Cashmere Mafia
1. John Grisham – anything by John Grisham
2. Fifty Shades of Grey – yes, I’m a cliche, but I really did enjoy all 3 books.
3. Hunger Games – all 3 of these books as well
4. Janet Evanovich – the Stephanie Plum series – you can basically read a book in 2 days. Great beach or plane reads!
5. Sophie Kinsella – Shopaholic series, but also love the book , Can you keep a secret. I suggested it to Meredith and she read it this summer and loved it as much as I did. Apple. Tree. 🙂
5 Simple Rules for Happiness
I’m running out of verses of this song, so not sure I have many more editions left of My favorite things (yes, thankfully some of you may be thinking), so I’ll have to find out new ways to share my favorite things.
My favorite picture of Chicago…my favorite town
And my favorite pooch…
And the Ying to my Yang…Along with my Favorite things, my Absolute Non Favorite thing, EVER, is Non-responsiveness to my emails. Hands down. And you know who you are. And I’m referring to Work emails, not witty banter, which I rock at, btw.
My first 3 editions of My Favorite Things are listed in Related Posts at the end of this blog. Happy Reading! 🙂
Have a great weekend!