Fall is right around the corner…and that means Football Season…and Fall Fashions! It is my absolute most favorite time of the year…Fall clothes are Always the most fun, and even when We are no longer in school, there’s nothing wrong with taking the kids back- to-school shopping, and shopping for ourselves as well. And the icing on the cake, is we can relax in our fabulous new fall fashions while watching the NFL, and sporting the colors of our favorite team! Go Bears!
Fall 2011 / TRENDS
We’re flipping over fall. Hungry for something slouchy, snake, 60s; all things ruffled, anything equestrian. Hitting the wild spots; loving the colors; mad for cutting edge pieces, French dressing, royal British style. Color! Espresso-rich chocolate, intense shades of pale, earth tones miles beyond basic, piquant pops of bright.
misty dusty slate blue
leaf pop of yellow-green
cranberry warm saucy red
godiva dark roasted espresso
mustard bright golden-yellow
cobblestone the perfect taupe
olive comfy, cozy, classic
spice peppery paprika
concord the color purple
1.BIG EASY Pump up the volume. Supersize the silhouette. It’s all slouch all the time. Huge collars, dropped shoulders, deep sleeves, great lengths. Cozy boyfriend jackets, big toppers, wide-leg trousers, knits that go on forever.
2 .SNAKE BITES Reptile’s the hot trend in prints. Sexy. Exotic. All slither and cling. Rippling along the body. Peeking out from beneath a jacket. Done in a drifty dress, a killer pant, scads of slinky silk blouses, stretchy polos, mesh tees.
3. RIDING HIGH Equestrian style makes the cut. Lean. Sculpted. Nipped at the waist. Skinny at the leg. Find riding jackets, breech-slim pants, perfect white tunics, thoroughbred suiting, chain-link prints and lots of leather patches.
4. TRENDY HUES There’s a mad palette at play. Kind of sexy. Kind of fun. Solo or in combo. Earthy faves you crave [concord, cranberry, olive, spice] meet shades dark as espresso and supersaturated shots of turquoise, mustard, leaf.
5.WILD SPOTS Harness your animal magnetism. Skin is still in. Big time. Pick-up a little something peacock-feathered, faux-furred, tiger-striped; super-fem in cheetah, giraffe or ocelot for a killer cool wardrobe that’s spot on.
6. TRUE BRIT Inspired by Kate. Met and mastered. Demure with an edge. Cutaway, sculpted, yoked, pleated, ruffled, high-waisted, double-breasted, belted, cardi-styled, calf-length. Subdue-hued with a piquant pop of mustard.
7. MOD SQUAD Block stars. Snakeskin. Done with a nod to mod. Less 60s psychedelic, more 2011 chic. Python in a drift of a dress; palette-perfect colorblocks in mid-thigh cardis, curvy knits, a Mary Quant skirt, a vintage shift.
8. RUFFLE MANIA Thrill. Frill. Chill. Flirt in frothy little numbers that flip a look. Flyaway skirts with car wash panels and flapper tiers; cascades of ruffles ribknit, ruched, asymmetrical, placket-framed, cheetah-spotted, wire-edged in a multitude of luscious-musts.
9. CUTTING EDGE A power surge of killer pieces. A little street. A little racy. A little OMG! The details to-die. Faux fur vests, aviator and moto jackets; snake, gilt, leather, flyaway knits, mini lengths, skinny legs, beautiful bod tunics.
10. FRENCH DRESSING We’ll always have Paris. Epic. Iconic. Rooted in Chanel. Best bets ever. Houndstooth in her palette, homage to her necklaces, floppy corsage, chain link embroidery, never-ending leg, crisp white ruffles, pleats, tucks.
Source: Etcetera www.etcetera.com
NORDSTROM FALL 2011 FORECAST
- CAPES & PONCHOS – of course Poncho’s were in my fashion dont’s…:)
- BOLD COLOR MIXES – Love big, bold colors…especially in your favorite football team’s colors
- STACKED HEELS – and they make your feet feel Much better than spikey heels…and you can walk and dance much longer
- MIDI LENGTHS – make sure the skirt doesn’t hit the largest part of your calf
- CHOCOLATE METALS – watches, bracelets, earrings!
- THE BOW BLOUSE – reminds me of post-college!
- THE SKINNY – the skinny jeans are NOT going away!
- LEATHER SPORTSWEAR – Black Leather Skirt…the Must have basic!
- THE HERITAGE JACKET – structured, military-styled
- FAUX FUR – PETA will be pleased
I don’t know who invented the high heel, but all men owe him a lot. ~Marilyn Monroe
Have a Happy Weekend!
coming up next week:
“I am Not the only person who thinks Jay Cutler Needs a Life Coach…and perhaps he’s already using one”?
note to file…”Jay Cutler needs a Life Coach” is Googled, according to my site stats, at Least 83 times a day…Clearly, I am one of many who believe this…