Advertisements

Rebuttal to my Savvy Packing Blog

23 May

Due to being Dissed by friends and family re: the lack that NO ONE appears to think I am a “savvy packer”, I feel the need, to, once again, write a Rebuttal to my previous blog…Overpacking at its’ worst…Guilty as Charged!

As I mentioned in a comment on my previous blog…”Note to File…Never Publish a blog, on a Girl’s Weekend Trip, surrounded by your friends…who have basically indicated, I am the LEAST savvy packer ever”  Truly.  I was a bit “lambasted” by my friends in regards to my Savvy Packing blog.

These are some of the comments I’ve received:

“I’m not trying to dethrone the fashion blogger, but I think you need an intervention!! When packing for a 3 or 4 day trip, why does one need “2 pairs of boots” and “more boots”?  As you said, if you stick with the color scheme of black, you shouldn’t need multiple pairs of boots!  And “handbags”, (plural)?  For a quick trip you can certainly pick one neutral purse that will go with all outfits.  No one is going to “out” you if you don’t change your purse every day on a trip, as we know you love to do.  And if you’re like me, you pack about 4 outfits per day, because you just never know if you will fall in a mud puddle, or get caught in the rain, or end up going to 3 or 4 different events that require different looks.  Cut back on half of the clothes. There, I believe I’ve removed about 25 pounds of your luggage! Your back can thank me later!” – and this was from my sister Megan… For someone who has known me Her entire life, I think we know that I always change my handbags…and which, yes, carrying 1 handbag in a neutral color on a trip is very efficient and savvy, sometimes I like to have a few different ones.

Where do you pack your tennis racket”?  Well, truth be told, when I travel on a girl’s tennis trip to FL, I do put my tennis racket in my friend Linda’s luggage…because her suitcase is large enough to carry my tennis racket, while mine is not.

T, it’s because of You, that we have to check luggage on our trip, and not carry on, because you have a bag too large to carry on”.   I’m pretty sure the rest of the group is not the Packing Gestapo that you are, C. 🙂

“I finally got a chance to actually read the blog that I was dissing you about.  You do confess your sins well.  Bottom line is anyone who actually checks bags for a 3-4 day trip is not a savvy packer.  On the other hand, when you reach your destination T, you will look and dress much better than I will!”  I wouldn’t say that I will look better than you, Cinda, but I do try my best!  And…Plenty of other ladies also pack more than one outfit per day… Plus it’s healthy to wear different shoes.  It’s important to keep changing shoes and boots, to give your feet a break.  I like to give my feet many breaks throughout the day! 😉

“How many pair of shoes do you actually have“?  I really have no idea, and have no intention of starting to count at this point in my life. 🙂

So, my pledge is, I shall acquiesce to the masses, and promise to do a better job at packing more efficiently…and, gasp, try not to bring 4 pairs of boots and 5 purses on a 3-day trip.  And, I shall take  note of some of those packing trips…because they truly are helpful…and had I followed my own “packing” advice, wouldn’t have to write this rebuttal…and wouldn’t have Overpacked to begin with!

xoxo.

T.

I’m very strict with my packing and have everything in its right place. I never change a rule. I hardly use anything in the hotel room. I wheel my own wardrobe in and that’s it“.   Charlie Watts, Rolling Stones.
Advertisements

11 Responses to “Rebuttal to my Savvy Packing Blog”

1. C May 23, 2011 at 6:47 am #

LOL

2. Carol S May 23, 2011 at 6:53 am #

Here’s a tip for you Terry: bring half the clothes and twice the money. I like your rebuttal and the original post. I believe you said you were a saavy packer, not a light one. Alas, no one wants to be known as the heavy packer…not a good nickname.

• Dressed to a T May 23, 2011 at 6:19 pm #

That is NOT a good nickname! And you are oh so right…I said SAVVY, not Light!
      🙂

3. Megan Resler May 23, 2011 at 8:22 am #

We’re glad you are taking all of our abuse with a grain of salt (best accompanied by a margarita…). Remember, we only tease the ones we love!

• Dressed to a T May 23, 2011 at 6:20 pm #

I’ve always said, I make fun of myself, well before others have a chance to.
      And I’m aware I give people lots of reason to.
      🙂

4. Sharon May 23, 2011 at 4:34 pm #

I used to pride myself on being an uber light, practical packer. In my backpacking days the backpack was … it. For years my friends and I agreed to only bring slouchy or athletic clothes (and no make up!) so we could really relax on our girls getaways.

The past few years, though, it’s become clear that if we actually want to go out in public, we need to step it up a notch. I’ve given up my swiss army knife (thanks to airport security) and greatly expanded my luggage to include different essentials – spanx, meds, and heels.

If I go on a girs weekend with you, however, I’ll need to look into the extra handbag idea!

• Dressed to a T May 23, 2011 at 6:21 pm #

Sharon, I can relax in heels, cute handbag, wrap dress, as long as I’m holding onto a glass of chardonnay! And I do think you, me and Peggy should go on a weekend together .
      Excellent idea! And, I’ll even be slouchy…just don’t tell anyone. 🙂

5. Phyllis May 24, 2011 at 4:50 pm #

What is so spectacular about not checking luggage? Who in their right might wants to schlep a bag through the airport then heave it into the overhead bin? I’m with you T — one must be prepared for more than one fashion situation regardless of length of trip. When someone starts handing out Nordstrom gift cards for minimal bags packed, I’ll consider it. For now, that’s why God put luggage handlers on this earth. And, finally, why would anyone ever count their pairs of shoes (or purses)? I’d rather spend that time searching for the perfect luggage!

• Dressed to a T May 24, 2011 at 8:34 pm #

I agree Phyllis…why hold up lines, any more than necessary at the security lines, while yuo are being Body Scanned. And sign me up for those Nordstrom gift cards. I will ship my luggage, and carry on with my laptop bag (stylish of course).
      🙂

6. C May 24, 2011 at 5:47 pm #

These comments make me laugh so hard I pee my pants! Good thing I am not traveling because I pack so light I wouldn’t have a change of underwear!!

• Dressed to a T May 24, 2011 at 8:35 pm #

I agree C…the comments are certainly more entertaining than the actual blog…now if you all could just input some fashion tips, we could do away with the blog. Wait…why would we want to do that, and miss out on all the snarky, witty comments! 🙂